Look around you… the tell tale signs of fall are here. School bells can be heard ringing, Starbucks is advertising their iconic Pumpkin Spice Latte, and there’s an almost imperceptible shift in attitudes–the carefree days are over and seriousness is replacing them.
However, while we could sit here and bemoan the end of summer, the thing is there are actually some really great things about this time of year. (And we aren’t just talking about the fact that starting September 1 you can find pumpkin flavored everything.)
2. Cheaper travel- Fall is officially the travel shoulder season. According to Business Insider, “Both flights and hotels are often discounted during the fall because fewer people are traveling during that time (kids are back in school, and many take their vacation days during the summer or holidays). ”
Also, not only is it cheaper to travel as summer winds down, but because less people are traveling, you will have less crowds. Win-win.
3. The kids are back in school- Back to school season is here. It can be bittersweet to send kids back to school, but many parents do feel some relief about getting back in to a routine. Jennifer Garner seems to have hit the nail on the head in this meme.
4. Break between cooling and heating season-The end of summer means (hopefully) the end hot humid days, but you don’t need a jacket quite yet. This break between cooling and heating season, gives you a moment to rest between the high electric bills from your air conditioning before seeing the gas bill rise during the winter.
5. It’s the best time to spot the Northern Lights- Is this something that has been on your bucket list? Head north to Headlands International Dark Sky Park in northern Michigan to see if you can catch them. Fall and winter are the best times.
6. The fact that it doesn’t actually end until September 22-The fall equinox isn’t until September 22 in 2018. Even though Labor Day has come and gone, you can still hold on to summer for a liiiiiittle bit longer.
For more help preparing for cooler weather, contact us at Flame!