Save Energy and Money While on Vacation
Summer is a popular time of year for family vacations. Whether you and your family are spending two weeks in Europe or simply driving to Northern Michigan for a weekend, everyone always likes finding ways to save money while on vacation. Having an energy efficient home is an easy way to cut back on costs even while you are gone from it. While you are away this summer, keep your home as energy efficient as possible with some of these tips.
- Make sure most of the lights are turned off! For security reasons, it is a good idea to leave a few on, or set a couple of lights on a timer.
- Unplug any electrical items that do not need to be plugged in while you are away. For example: chargers, lamps, coffee makers, toasters etc…
- Turn down the temperature of the hot water heater. Enjoy the hot water for your showers at your vacation site- there is no need to heat water in your empty home.
- Turn off the air conditioner. Why cool an empty home?
- Check to see that all sinks are turned off and that there aren’t leaky faucets. Make sure that in the rush to leave you fully turned off all of the taps!
These few tips will help you save money and have a more energy efficient home while you are away. That way you can truly relax and enjoy your vacation. For more tips about having an energy efficient home, contact Flame!