A Few Small Tips…
Here are a few small tips for winter. Some will help you save money, some may help to make you more comfortable and some are just logical ideas.
- Though you may not even be thinking about your air conditioner right now, remember to cover it! Especially if the unit is outdoors. This well help keep falling leaves, sticks and other debris out of it.
- INSULATION INSULATION INSULATION!! insulate places in your home like the attic and it can help keep you warmer in the winter and cooler in the summer as well as saving you money! It helps to keep the outside air from coming in and the inside air from leaving. Your furnace/air conditioner does not have to work as hard to make up for all the intruding air if your home is properly insulated.
- Seal your Ducts! (not seals and ducks). This also helps save money because it prevents already heated or cooled air from escaping before it makes it to the intended room. About 20% of air is often lost in the average home’s duct system!
- Think about looking into a whole home humidifier instead of a portable one. Most of the time they come with a humidistat which enables you to control the humidity in a room very easily. It is much easier than continually refilling all the small ones throughout your home.
- Clean your gutters out before it begins to snow
Last but not least, don’t drink your hot chocolate until it has cooled down enough. Otherwise, your tongue could be burned for days! Though these tips did not have much in common, I hope that they were helpful. I hope that maybe they dealt with something that you hadn’t though or hadn’t remembered to do yet. Keep in mind, if you have any questions-feel free to leave a comment or call Flame Furnace!