How to Have Clean Air in your Nursery
First, second, or even third-time parent? No matter how many babies you have brought home from the hospital, having a new baby on the way brings about a lot of questions and preparations. You may have thought about nursery colors and strollers, and you may have researched which car seats are the safest, but have you thought about the air your son or daughter will be breathing in his or her room?
The bad news is, for most of us, our home’s indoor air quality is not great and baby nurseries can have many air quality dangers from the new furniture and paint job. When “Good Morning America” tested out the indoor air quality of a new nursery they found over 300 chemicals in the air (Toxic indoor air pollution in your baby’s nursery).
10 Ways Parents Can Improve the Air Quality in Their Baby’s Bedroom
1. Only use No VOC and No odor paints
2. Avoid thick pile carpeting
3. Purchase natural, chemical-free furniture
4. Replace the window air conditioner or regular change furnace filter
5. Control the humidity
6. Use a HEPA filter vacuum
7. Avoid any remodeling prior to or after the birth of your baby
8. Use a quality air purifier in the nursery
9. Clean the windowsills
10. Have your home’s indoor air quality tested
Your furnace filters should be changed every 3 months to maintain their quality and efficiency. Also, please note that if your air conditioner uses the same duct work as your furnace, then the same filters are used, so do not forget to clean or change them in the summer months as well. UV germicidal lights and air purifiers can also be installed to help keep the air clean.
Would you like to learn more about controlling your home’s humidity through a whole home humidifier? Or, would you like to learn more about indoor air quality? contact FLAME!
same day guarantee
Same Day Guarantee
Why Choose Flame Heating, Cooling, Plumbing & Electrical?
Expect Trustworthy Service & Excellent Craftsmanship
- 24/7 emergency service
- Same-day services
- Licensed & insured
- Free estimates on replacement quotes
- Upfront & fair pricing
- Background checked technicians
- Financing options
- Military, veteran & senior discounts
- Responsiveness & respect for the customer's time
- Expertise in our field