What Should I Expect During a Furnace Installation?
For many people, buying a furnace is a once (or twice) in a lifetime event. That’s why, we may feel like we don’t really know what to expect when the day finally comes to have a furnace installed. Read on to learn more about how to prepare your home, what to expect, and even, how you can help with the process.
Preparing Your Home
The main thing to keep in mind when getting ready to have a furnace installed is that various areas in the home should be clear. Technicians can work around a lot, but to make their job easier, it is a good idea to clear the area as much as possible.
- Clear the way to the workspace-A good technician will do his or her best to make sure that your home looks just as good as it did before he or she came. However, accidents do happen. If technicians will have to walk through sections of the home with valuables in order to reach the work area, it doesn’t hurt to put these items away for your own piece of mind.
- Clear the workspace-Moving excess “stuff” from around where the technicians will be working will allow them to work more effectively.
- Invest in touch-up paint-Many times new thermostats will not be the exact same size or shape as the old thermostat. Therefore, you might want to have some touch-up paint on hand to fix any bare areas that a new thermostat could uncover. Ask the technician before he or she leaves-they might be able to help you with this.
- Ask to see a copy of the technician’s Workman’s Comp Insurance-this means you can rest assured that you will not be held responsible for any accident or injury on the job.
The Day Of: What to Expect
Furnace installations are big jobs so you should expect the technicians to be at your home anywhere from a couple of hours to a few days depending on the size of the job. Based on your conversations with a comfort consultant you should have an idea of how long your installation will take. Every company is different, but at reputable companies such as FLAME, technicians will use drop cloths and wear booties in order to protect your home. Furthermore, they will be courteous, polite, and kind,
How to Help
The technicians will not expect you to help with the actual installation, but it is good to keep in mind that they will be in your home for a long period of time. Therefore, it is polite to show them where the restroom is, and if it is a hot day, it is nice to offer a cool glass of water.
Overall, having a furnace installed should be a smooth and easy process. If you have any other questions, contact FLAME!
same day guarantee
Same Day Guarantee
Why Choose Flame Heating, Cooling, Plumbing & Electrical?
Expect Trustworthy Service & Excellent Craftsmanship
- 24/7 emergency service
- Same-day services
- Licensed & insured
- Free estimates on replacement quotes
- Upfront & fair pricing
- Background checked technicians
- Financing options
- Military, veteran & senior discounts
- Responsiveness & respect for the customer's time
- Expertise in our field