Federal Tax Credits for Heating & Cooling Units … How ‘Cool’
Hurry up! You only have until December 31, 2010 to receive your Energy Star Federal Credit. This tax credit is for 30% of your purchases up to $1,500. In order to receive this, there are some qualifications:
- The work must be done at your principal residence and at your existing home
The tax credit can go towards many different things, but here are some requirements for a few that you may find helpful:
- Central Air Conditioning: It must have a SEER of 16 or above and an EER of 13 or above if it is a split system or 14 or above and an EER of 12 and above if it is a packaged system
- Gas, Propane or Oil Hot Water Boiler: Must have an AFUE of 90 or above
- Natural Gas Furnace: Must have an AFUE of 95 or above
- Oil Furnace: Must have an AFUE of 90 or above
Are you wondering what these requirements mean? Well basically, the ratings are for the efficiency of all of these units, the higher the number, the better. SEER stands for Seasonal Energy Efficiency Ratio, AFUE stands for Annual Fuel Utilization Efficiency. The AFUE number is actually a percentage that stands for the percent of energy that is being turned into heat. EER is simply, energy efficiency ration.
The products listed above are not the only ones available for federal tax credits by any means. Geothermal heat pumps, certain roofs, windows and doors, and wind turbines among many others can also be applicable for this credit. A more detailed account of all of this can be found at the Energy Star website (see link below). For heating and cooling items, you can ask FLAME about products that could help you receive this tax credit. Who wouldn’t love up to 30% credit on a new furnace? Any other questions? Check out the Energy Star Website or Contact FLAME!
same day guarantee
Same Day Guarantee
Why Choose Flame Heating, Cooling, Plumbing & Electrical?
Expect Trustworthy Service & Excellent Craftsmanship
- 24/7 emergency service
- Same-day services
- Licensed & insured
- Free estimates on replacement quotes
- Upfront & fair pricing
- Background checked technicians
- Financing options
- Military, veteran & senior discounts
- Responsiveness & respect for the customer's time
- Expertise in our field