What to Do for your Home in October from the Weather Channel
Happy first day of October! Though fall officially started a week ago, there is something about October that makes it really seem like fall. It can be a busy month between pumpkin picking and carving, heading to Halloween costume stores, and keeping your family from eating all the candy before the Trick or Treaters come. The Weather Channel offers some additional tasks for you to complete this October to make sure that your home is ready for the upcoming winter months. Here are the October Home Tasks:
- Detach hoses in case of freezing temperatures. Remove all paints, caulks and liquid materials from garage or garden sheds.
- Inspect weatherstripping around doors and windows and repair or replace if necessary. Learn more about caulking and weatherstripping.
- Set thermostats and automatic sprinklers for winter. Clean gutters after leaves have fallen. Make sure downspouts are in good repair.
- Check gauges on home fire extinguishers to ensure a full charge. Replace if necessary. (The Weather Channel)
FLAME would also like to remind you that if you haven’t scheduled your furnace inspection yet, October is a great time to do so. Questions? Contact FLAME!
same day guarantee
Same Day Guarantee
Why Choose Flame Heating, Cooling, Plumbing & Electrical?
Expect Trustworthy Service & Excellent Craftsmanship
- Same-day services
- Licensed & insured
- Free estimates on replacement quotes
- Upfront & fair pricing
- Background checked technicians
- Financing options
- Military, veteran & senior discounts
- Responsiveness & respect for the customer's time
- Expertise in our field