How to Change Your Home Furnace Filter
Filters, filters everywhere. Coffee filters, water filters and FURNACE FILTERS. As your furnace begins to run continuously, it means that it is very important to change your furnace filter monthly. Disposable filters can be found at just about any hardware store and price can vary depending on the quality. Though it may be tempting, I advise you to not get the cheapest one, because it will not work as well. If your filter is not disposable then it is re-usable. Re-usable filters should be cleaned monthly and this can be done with a hose. Here are some directions for cleaning or replacing your filter:
- Turn off the furnace-either from the service panel on the furnace or at the main circuit breaker
- The filter is usually near the blower, and it is a square/rectangle type mesh device.
- Remove it
- If there is dirt and buildup make sure you wash or replace it, though it should probably be done anyways. (This is kind of like pulling the “lint catcher” out of the dryer, just a little bigger and dirtier).
- Either wash the filter and replace it when it is dry or go buy a new one! (Make sure to take the measurements of the old one, so you know what kind to get!)
If you were unaware, clean filters help the furnace to run more efficiently which will make your home heat easier and save you money! Contact FLAME if you have any questions. FLAME is willing to change your filter for you as part of an annual furnace inspection (which is complimentary with the Gold Plan)!
same day guarantee
Same Day Guarantee
Why Choose Flame Heating, Cooling, Plumbing & Electrical?
Expect Trustworthy Service & Excellent Craftsmanship
- Same-day services
- Licensed & insured
- Free estimates on replacement quotes
- Upfront & fair pricing
- Background checked technicians
- Financing options
- Military, veteran & senior discounts
- Responsiveness & respect for the customer's time
- Expertise in our field