Do You Need to Clean Your Air Ducts?
Maintaining air quality in your home one of the many ways to ensure maximum comfort and health in your place of residence. One of the key components of air quality lies in the air ducts that supply the air to your home. An air filter behind the air duct grate will help to keep most of the dust and debris out of the air that circulates throughout your home. But once dirt and debris gets in your HVAC system, the filter won’t keep the air in your home clean. That’s why you need to clean your air ducts and also check them every now and then to see if they need cleaning.
If you go too long without a proper cleaning of your HVAC system you risk facing inefficient and ineffective heating and cooling when you need it most. Dust and dirt can clog the system making it circulate air poorly while also using more energy. Dirty air ducts can also lead to a shorter lifespan for your system. On top of that, it can serve as a breeding ground for bacteria, pollen, mold, mites, and other pests.
Here is how you can check to see if your air ducts need cleaning:
- First, examine the outside of your vent covers to see if there is any visible dust buildup
- If it isn’t clearly visible from the outside, open the vent cover and look at the back of it for dust
- Remove the air filter to see if it is covered with dust that could be clogging up the air flow
- You can also check the furnace compartment for signs of a potentially bigger issue
- To check the furnace compartment, open the compartment and look for dust around the blower fan and motor. The more dust, the worse it is
- Examine your air conditioning coil as well. If it is covered in dust then it will need to be cleaned as well
All of these signs of excess dust and debris within your heating and cooling system indicate a need for cleaning. Your air ducts should be cleaned about every 3-5 years, so if it’s been longer for yours, or you aren’t sure, now is a good time to check them and see. Air ducts should only be cleaned by a professional who has the correct training and tools to perform the job safely. If you determine that your air ducts need cleaning, or you want a second opinion to help you inspect them, call FLAME Heating and Cooling at (888) 234-2340 and we will send a service technician to your home as soon as possible.
same day guarantee
Same Day Guarantee
Why Choose Flame Heating, Cooling, Plumbing & Electrical?
Expect Trustworthy Service & Excellent Craftsmanship
- Same-day services
- Licensed & insured
- Free estimates on replacement quotes
- Upfront & fair pricing
- Background checked technicians
- Financing options
- Military, veteran & senior discounts
- Responsiveness & respect for the customer's time
- Expertise in our field