Does Your Laundry Tub Need Maintenance?
Laundry tubs, or utility sinks, can usually be found in the basement of laundry room of a home. They can be really useful for washing out paint brushes, hand washing clothes- or even washing the dog! If your home has one of these useful sinks, it is important to not forget about it even if it is tucked away in the basement. If you are wondering if your laundry tub needs any maintenance, here are three things to look out for:
- A dripping faucet, even when it is turned all the way off. Since you may not see your laundry tub as often as other sinks in your home, it is important to be aware of any leaks so you are not wasting money and water.
- A backed up drain. If you can’t find a visible reason for the drain not working properly, it is time to contact a plumber!
- A heavy metal tub. Older utility tubs are often very heavy and made of metal. Typically they contain lead in the basin. Though this shouldn’t affect your drinking water since it is not in the pipes, if you have one of these older laundry tubs, it is a good idea to replace it.
For more information about laundry tubs or other residential plumbing, please contact FLAME!
same day guarantee
Same Day Guarantee
Why Choose Flame Heating, Cooling, Plumbing & Electrical?
Expect Trustworthy Service & Excellent Craftsmanship
- 24/7 emergency service
- Same-day services
- Licensed & insured
- Free estimates on replacement quotes
- Upfront & fair pricing
- Background checked technicians
- Financing options
- Military, veteran & senior discounts
- Responsiveness & respect for the customer's time
- Expertise in our field