Save Energy and Money While on Vacation
Summer is a popular time of year for family vacations. Whether you and your family are spending two weeks in Europe or simply driving to Northern Michigan for a weekend, everyone always likes finding ways to save money while on vacation. Having an energy-efficient home is an easy way to cut back on costs even while you are gone from it. While you are away this summer, keep your home as energy-efficient as possible with some of these tips.
- Make sure most of the lights are turned off! For security reasons, it is a good idea to leave a few on or set a couple of lights on a timer.
- Unplug any electrical items that do not need to be plugged in while you are away—for example, chargers, lamps, coffee makers, toasters, etc.
- Turn down the temperature of the water heater. Enjoy the hot water for your showers at your vacation site- there is no need to heat water in your empty home.
- Turn off the air conditioner. Why cool an empty home?
- Check that all sinks are turned off, and there aren’t leaky faucets. Make sure that you fully turn off all the taps in a rush to leave!
These few tips will help you save money and have a more energy-efficient home while you are away. That way, you can truly relax and enjoy your vacation. For more tips about having an energy-efficient home, contact FLAME!
same day guarantee
Same Day Guarantee
Why Choose Flame Heating, Cooling, Plumbing & Electrical?
Expect Trustworthy Service & Excellent Craftsmanship
- 24/7 emergency service
- Same-day services
- Licensed & insured
- Free estimates on replacement quotes
- Upfront & fair pricing
- Background checked technicians
- Financing options
- Military, veteran & senior discounts
- Responsiveness & respect for the customer's time
- Expertise in our field