Stay Safe While Driving in the Winter
This winter keeps bringing the hits. We have felt winter’s mighty force, from frigid temperatures to powerful winter storms. Though when this winter weather comes around, it is best to stay inside in a nice heated home, that is not always possible. The Weather Channel provides tips for packing your car to ensure that you are prepared in case you get stuck or slide off the road.
When driving in winter weather, you should have the following in your vehicle:
- Ice Scraper
- Wind-up radio – A wind-up radio will help keep you updated on what is happening with the weather without having your car running. This is great if you want to save gas while stuck or if your car cannot start.
- Toilet paper
- Non-perishable Snacks
- Emergency Car Hammer If your doors and windows are electric and your car will not start, you will need a way to get out. An emergency car hammer will cut your seat belt on one side, and the other side will shatter a window.
- Water (kept in the cooler so it won’t freeze)
Even though it may seem a little extreme or over the top to keep your car stocked with all of these items during the winter, the fact is that you never know what could happen while you are on the road, and it is better to be prepared.
If you are interested in learning more about staying warm and safe during these winter months, contact FLAME!
same day guarantee
Same Day Guarantee
Why Choose Flame Heating, Cooling, Plumbing & Electrical?
Expect Trustworthy Service & Excellent Craftsmanship
- 24/7 emergency service
- Same-day services
- Licensed & insured
- Free estimates on replacement quotes
- Upfront & fair pricing
- Background checked technicians
- Financing options
- Military, veteran & senior discounts
- Responsiveness & respect for the customer's time
- Expertise in our field