Use EPA’s Mold House Tour to Prevent Mold in Your Home
Mold is a common problem in households, but that doesn’t make it any less of one. According to the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), “Molds produce allergens (substances that can cause allergic reactions) and irritants. Inhaling or touching mold or mold spores may cause allergic reactions in sensitive individuals. Allergic responses include hay fever-type symptoms, such as sneezing, runny nose, red eyes, and skin rash” (EPA: Mold and Health). Because of the problems that mold can create for your health, it’s a good idea to try and prevent mold growth.
Mold becomes a problem from too much moisture in your home. That moisture can come from humidity in the air, leaking pipes, leaking roofs, or from other water. The EPA offers a cool interactive “Mold House Tour.” In this tour, you can click on different areas of the home to see where mold most often occurs and what the root problem is.
Prevent mold by running exhaust fans in the bathroom and kitchen and also by controlling your home’s humidity through the use of a dehumidifier. Contact a licensed plumber if you find any leaks right away.
If you do find that you are having a mold problem in your home- contact FLAME! Licensed plumbers can take a look at any leaking pipes, and certified HVAC technicians can help to install a dehumidifier. Check out this EPA article about cleaning up mold to make sure you are doing it safely. Don’t put your family’s health at risk!
Source: Interactie Mold House Tour
same day guarantee
Same Day Guarantee
Why Choose Flame Heating, Cooling, Plumbing & Electrical?
Expect Trustworthy Service & Excellent Craftsmanship
- Same-day services
- Licensed & insured
- Free estimates on replacement quotes
- Upfront & fair pricing
- Background checked technicians
- Financing options
- Military, veteran & senior discounts
- Responsiveness & respect for the customer's time
- Expertise in our field