What You Should Know About Floor and Wall Registers
Registers may seem like an insignificant part of your home, but they are actually pretty important. They are the “door” or “window” that allows warm or cool air to flow where you want it (which is by you!) Due to their importance, there are a few things to know about them.
- Don’t Cover Them: Though they may be ugly and clash with your decor, make sure, to the best of your ability, that they are not covered by rugs, furniture, dog beds, plants etc… Covering them severely restricts the air flow to your home, making your furnace and air conditioner have to work harder to provide it with heat or cool air. Keeping registers uncovered also helps to save you money and keep your home energy efficient, by allowing your furnace or air conditioner to work more smoothly. If you are concerned about how they look, you can spray paint your registers to match your floor or wall.
- Are the Slats Big Enough?: You want to look and make sure that your register has enough air openings and that the openings are wide or big enough no matter what shape they are. I would say that on your registers, there should be more “open” space than not.
These are just a few things to look out for. Making sure your registers are uncovered and open enough can help to make your home more comfortable and energy efficient. It can also save you money by not forcing your heating or cooling system to work as hard. Questions? Contact FLAME!
Picture Found: http://www.signaturehardware.com/product14345
same day guarantee
Same Day Guarantee
Why Choose Flame Heating, Cooling, Plumbing & Electrical?
Expect Trustworthy Service & Excellent Craftsmanship
- Same-day services
- Licensed & insured
- Free estimates on replacement quotes
- Upfront & fair pricing
- Background checked technicians
- Financing options
- Military, veteran & senior discounts
- Responsiveness & respect for the customer's time
- Expertise in our field