Why Isn’t My Air Conditioner Turning On?
After months of bundling up and look at dreary skies, we usually rejoice when it is finally warm enough to turn on the air conditioner. But, you go to do it…. and it doesn’t work! Now what? Don’t panic just yet. There are a couple of things you can check on and do before calling a heating and cooling company.
1. Is your thermostat set to COOL? Check to make sure that your thermostat is set to cool and/or set at a lower temperature than what it currently is inside. If not, make the necessary changes.
2. Is the filter dirty? One of the most important things you can do when getting ready for spring is change or clean your filter. If you have a traditional forced air furnace then it shares a filter with the air conditioner. This means that even though it is only the start of cooling season the filter could still be filthy and clogged from being used by the furnace. A clogged filter can lead to air conditioner malfunctions. Therefore, if you haven’t done so already, change or clean your filter, depending upon what type you have.
3. Did a fuse blow? Check your electrical panel for any blown fuses. Some air conditioners even have their own disconnect boxes outside by the connector unit. Check the fuses in there as well for any problems. However, always be sure that everything is turned off before working with the disconnect box.
If, after going through these steps, your air conditioner still isn’t working- it is a good idea to contact a professional such as those at FLAME. Feel free to contact FLAME if you have any questions or concerns about the above steps as well.
same day guarantee
Same Day Guarantee
Why Choose Flame Heating, Cooling, Plumbing & Electrical?
Expect Trustworthy Service & Excellent Craftsmanship
- Same-day services
- Licensed & insured
- Free estimates on replacement quotes
- Upfront & fair pricing
- Background checked technicians
- Financing options
- Military, veteran & senior discounts
- Responsiveness & respect for the customer's time
- Expertise in our field