Energy Saving Items!
Energy, Energy, Energy!! As we begin to transition into summer, your house could see the return of your college age kids, and you may find that more energy is being used. Here are a couple things that can help you save some of that energy, in case your kids keep forgetting to turn the lights off!
- Wall Mounted Motion Switch Sensor-This light switch, uses motion to turn it on and off (though there is a switch on it just in case.) When it does not detect motion, it turns itself off. Therefore your home lights will never be left on when they are not being used.
- Programmable Thermostat-This thermostat allows you to program the temperatures in your home, so they are the most comfortable when you are in your home. If no one is at home during the day, you can program it to lower the temperature everyday, and that will save you money on your heating and cooling bill.
- Compact Fluorescent Lights-These light bulbs last longer than regular light bulbs, thus you will not have to buy a mass pack or unnecessary large quantity.
- Geothermal Heat Pump- By using this to heat and/or cool, it can be very efficient because it uses heat and energy from the earth’s ground, which has consistent temperatures. It may be a little more expensive than a regular heating/cooling system, but you will earn back the savings within a few years.
- A Bryant Hybrid Heating System-This type of heating and cooling system uses two sources of heating or cooling in order to deliver energy efficient heating and cooling.
I hope that some of these things can help with making your home more energy and cost efficient. If you have any questions about the thermostat, the geothermal heat pump, or the Hybrid Heating System, always call Flame, and we will be glad to take care of any concerns. Have an energy efficient, enjoyable, and very Happy Spring!