Carbon monoxide (CO) is a very dangerous colorless and odorless gas. When you are exposed to CO you can have headaches, feel dizzy or sick, and too long of exposure can result in death. Carbon monoxide is most dangerous for infants and elderly.
A major cause of carbon monoxide exposure is improperly heating your home. Here are a few tips for heating your home safely and avoiding carbon monoxide:
(Source: Carbon Monoxide Poisoning)
Because you can’t see, smell, taste, or hear carbon monoxide, one of the most important things you can do for your family is to have a carbon monoxide alarm. For more information about keeping your family safe from CO, contact Flame! Also, much of this information came from this page from the CDC, “Carbon Monoxide Poisoning.”