Carbon Monoxide is colorless, odorless and tasteless. Unfortunately, it is also very dangerous. This substance can poison your body until the point of death. There are certain things that can cause too much carbon monoxide in the air, they are:
Symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning can range from mild to severe-
|35 ppm (0.0035%)||Headache and dizziness within six to eight hours of constant exposure|
|100 ppm (0.01%)||Slight headache in two to three hours|
|200 ppm (0.02%)||Slight headache within two to three hours; loss of judgment|
|400 ppm (0.04%)||Frontal headache within one to two hours|
|800 ppm (0.08%)||Dizziness, nausea, and convulsions within 45 min; insensible within 2 hours|
|1,600 ppm (0.16%)||Headache, tachycardia, dizziness, and nausea within 20 min; death in less than 2 hours|
|3,200 ppm (0.32%)||Headache, dizziness and nausea in five to ten minutes. Death within 30 minutes.|
|6,400 ppm (0.64%)||Headache and dizziness in one to two minutes. Convulsions, respiratory arrest, and death in less than 20 minutes.|
|12,800 ppm (1.28%)||Unconsciousness after 2-3 breaths. Death in less than three minutes.|
It is very wise to have carbon monoxide detectors installed in your home in order to avoid carbon monoxide poisoning. It is recommended that a detector be placed on each floor of the house, especially those where people sleep and where there are gas burning appliances such as water heaters and furnaces. Flame technicians can install these for you. They can also help to prevent carbon monoxide poisoning by giving you annual furnace inspections and therefore seeing if there is a problem or potential problem with your unit that could cause carbon monoxide poisoning.
Contact Flame if you have any questions about Carbon Monoxide, detectors or furnace inspections!
Check out this Video about Carbon Monoxide Poisoning!
*Table and info from Wikipedia: The Free Encyclopedia, Carbon Monoxide Poisoning