Safety Tips for the Furnace
With the cold weather upon us, the furnace is probably beginning to run pretty constantly in your home. In order to make sure that your family is warm and safe this winter, here are some safety tips involving your furnace:
- The pilot light flame should always be blue
- If the pilot light is blue instead of yellow, that could be a sign of a problem, and a certified technician should be called to inspect it.
- Do not block furnaces that use indoor air for combustion
- Doing this could result in a build up of dangerous carbon monoxide.
- Clean or change the filter every 1-2 months
- This will not only keep your furnace operating safely, but it will also keep the furnace operating efficiently and productively.
- Keep the furnace area clear
- Approximately 1 foot on each side of the furnace and 2-3 feet in front of the furnace should be kept clear of boxes, furniture etc….
As we continue on into the winter months the areas near our furnaces may become filled up with holiday gifts or decorations. Therefore, it is important to keep these safety tips in mind so that your family will be comfortable all winter long! For more information, contact Flame!