FLAME Blog

The Dangers of Carbon Monoxide

Have you been feeling dizzy, nauseous, or having many headaches lately?  It is possible that you may have an increased amount of carbon monoxide in your home or in your workplace.  Carbon monoxide is a colorless, odorless and tasteless gas that can be extremely toxic in high amounts.  It can come from fuel burning household appliances such as furnaces, gas water heaters, gas refrigerators, gas or wood burning fire places etc..
Because of the nature of carbon monoxide the only way to really prevent any harm is through a Carbon Monoxide Detector, such as the Bryant Carbon Monoxide Alarm.  This detector plugs into an outlet and also has a battery back up in case of anything unforeseen.  The Bryant Alarm and other detectors are audible and will go off if there is a raised amount of CO.  Carbon Monoxide detectors often have “beeps” that are further apart in time if there is not very much CO in the air, and “beeps” that are much closer in time depending on how high the amount of carbon monoxide is.  The Bryant Carbon Monoxide Alarm will also constantly show you how many parts per million are in a room at that time.  It comes with a chart that explains what the different ppm numbers mean and what effect they will have on your body.
It is recommended that you have a CO detector in every room of the house, and it should be tested weekly or monthly.  If your carbon monoxide goes off but that amount is not serious, call a trained technician to help determine the cause of the carbon monoxide leak because the problem should be eliminated.  If there is a serious amount of CO, leave the house or building immediately and go to the hospital if anyone feels serious effects of carbon monoxide poisoning.

Contact Us

< Return To Blog

Copyright 2021 Flame Furnace

Built and Operated by

Rebuild Group