5 Interesting Facts about Leap Year
It’s Leap Year week!
This week we will get to experience something that we only get to experience every four years: February 29. The Earth actually takes around 365.25 days to make a full orbit around the sun, which is why every four years we have an extra day in the calendar to make up for that discrepancy.
Though the concept of Leap Day started with Julius Caesar, thanks to Pope Gregory XII, and his Gregorian Calendar, more of the kinks got worked out, and we have been celebrating Leap Day in February since 1582.
In honor of this exciting time, here are some facts you may not have known about February 29:
5 Interesting Facts About Leap Day
In the United States, a Leap Year always falls on a Presidential Election year
2. Leap Day has traditionally been a day, especially in Ireland, for women to propose marriage to men (and apparently men that refuse have to let the girls down gently by gifting them 12 pairs of gloves).
3. Babies born on Leap Day are often called “Leaplings,” but it is a pretty exclusive club to get in to. Only around 1 in 1,461 babies born each leap year find themselves members.
4. There’s a Leap Year Capital of the World: Anthony, Texas. And of course, what would a Leap Year Capital of the World be without a good party?
5. FLAME Heating, Cooling, Plumbing, and Electrical will be celebrating Leap Year by being ready 24/7 for your call.
So often we ask for more time, so enjoy this extra treat of a day. Don’t forget to contact FLAME if you need any help with your heating, cooling, plumbing, or electrical needs.
same day guarantee
Same Day Guarantee
Why Choose Flame Heating, Cooling, Plumbing & Electrical?
Expect Trustworthy Service & Excellent Craftsmanship
- 24/7 emergency service
- Same-day services
- Licensed & insured
- Free estimates on replacement quotes
- Upfront & fair pricing
- Background checked technicians
- Financing options
- Military, veteran & senior discounts
- Responsiveness & respect for the customer's time
- Expertise in our field