How to Re-light a Pilot Light
Hot water heaters are often very important in both the winter and the summer. When it is below freezing out, not many people like to jump into a cold shower! Also, after playing in the snow, who likes “cold” chocolate? Hot chocolate is much better! This is why when your water is not hot, you may want to get it working right away! A common problem is that your pilot light may have gone out on your heater. Here is how to re-light it!
- Look to see if there are instructions on your heater, and if there are-follow those, if not continue with these steps-
- Turn the gas control knob to off, wait 5 minutes and see if all the gas has cleared. If you smell gas, do not continue call a professional instead.
- Using pliers, remove the cover. It should be below the gas control knob. Then you can use a flashlight to help find the end of the pilot light tube.
- Light your match and place it by the end of the pilot light tube and turn the control knob to “pilot.” Press down the reset valve and light the end of the pilot light tube. Keep holding down the valve for a minute or so after the light is lit.
- If it does not work, try again or free to call a utility company or FLAME if you have any problems or questions!
Hopefully these instructions will be able to help you and that you will not have cold showers for long!
same day guarantee
Same Day Guarantee
Why Choose Flame Heating, Cooling, Plumbing & Electrical?
Expect Trustworthy Service & Excellent Craftsmanship
- 24/7 emergency service
- Same-day services
- Licensed & insured
- Free estimates on replacement quotes
- Upfront & fair pricing
- Background checked technicians
- Financing options
- Military, veteran & senior discounts
- Responsiveness & respect for the customer's time
- Expertise in our field