Replacing & Cleaning Your Furnace Filter
When used, a furnace’s filter should be cleaned or replaced about once a month. This allows the furnace to operate at maximum efficiency. When a filter is clogged, it takes more energy to heat your home, which costs more money. There are various filters, and those can be easily purchased at a hardware store if you use a replaceable one. More advanced filters are not replaced each month but are cleaned.
Whether you are cleaning or replacing, here are some instructions:
- Turn off the furnace either at the main circuit breaker or the service panel on the furnace.
- Look for the filter, a square or rectangular mesh device, usually found near the blower.
- Remove the filter and wash it if necessary. Before putting it back in the furnace, make sure that it is dry!
- If you bought a new one, check to be sure it is the right size and then replace the old one.
This might seem like a hassle, but it is well worth it for your furnace and wallet.
Questions? Contact FLAME!
same day guarantee
Same Day Guarantee
Why Choose Flame Heating, Cooling, Plumbing & Electrical?
Expect Trustworthy Service & Excellent Craftsmanship
- Same-day services
- Licensed & insured
- Free estimates on replacement quotes
- Upfront & fair pricing
- Background checked technicians
- Financing options
- Military, veteran & senior discounts
- Responsiveness & respect for the customer's time
- Expertise in our field