5 Steps to a Clean HVAC Filter (and cleaner air!)
Spring makes us think about all things fresh and clean. Clean air included! When preparing your home for warmer weather over the next few weeks, do not forget about your air conditioner/furnace filter. Your air conditioner and furnace are both a part of the home’s HVAC system, so they actually use the same filter. While we recommend changing or cleaning the filter every 3 months or so, if you have been a little lax and haven’t done it all this past winter, now is the perfect time.
In order to help you out, here is a refresh of a blog post from back in 2017, with step-by-step directions for a clean HVAC filter. So, read on, grab a hose, and enjoy the fresh air both outside and inside your home this spring.
5 Steps to a Clean HVAC Filter
- Turn off the furnace. You can do this from the main circuit breaker or the service panel on the furnace.
- Look for the filter. It can often be found near the blower, and it is a square/rectangle type mesh device. You will recognize it when you see it, and it will probably be pretty dirty.
- Remove the filter from the furnace.
- Now it is time to either throw it out, or wash it. To wash, simply spray it with a hose until all of the dust and debris is cleared off and then leave it out to dry completely. If you will be replacing it, make sure you check the size before throwing it away in order to ensure you buy the correct size replacement. Filters can be found at most hardware stores.
- Replace the filter.
Now, take a deep breath and enjoy your clean home. Ahhhhh.
If you still have questions about getting your home ready for warmer weather, don’t hesitate to contact us at FLAME Heating, Cooling, Plumbing, and Electrical!
same day guarantee
Same Day Guarantee
Why Choose Flame Heating, Cooling, Plumbing & Electrical?
Expect Trustworthy Service & Excellent Craftsmanship
- Same-day services
- Licensed & insured
- Free estimates on replacement quotes
- Upfront & fair pricing
- Background checked technicians
- Financing options
- Military, veteran & senior discounts
- Responsiveness & respect for the customer's time
- Expertise in our field