5 Steps to Get Your Air Conditioner Ready for Summer
Now that the temperatures have warmed up, it is time to think about getting ready for summer. Clothing stores are showcasing all of their spring and summer styles, and hardware stores are putting out the outdoor furniture. To get your own home prepared, you can follow these 5 steps to get your air conditioner ready for summer:
- Clean or change the air filter. Your furnace and air conditioner share a filter, so even though your a/c has not been used, the filter will still be filled with dust and other gunk.
- Turn the damper on your furnace to “summer.”
- If you have a humidifier as part of your heating and cooling system, change the setting on the humidistat from 35% to 0%. Most likely, you will find the humidistat on your furnace, but on some thermostats it is part of the thermostat.
- Turn the disconnect for the air conditioner on 24 hours before actually turning the air conditioner on for the first time. Therefore, look ahead at the weather so it is ready to go when you are.
- Hose off the outside condenser unit with all of the fine spray to clear off all the fall and winter debris.
Lastly, do not forget to schedule an air conditioner inspection. It is recommended to have one done annually, and the best time to do it is in the spring. These inspections ensure that your air conditioner is running safely and efficiently. For more information about getting your air conditioner ready, contact FLAME!
same day guarantee
Same Day Guarantee
Why Choose Flame Heating, Cooling, Plumbing & Electrical?
Expect Trustworthy Service & Excellent Craftsmanship
- Same-day services
- Licensed & insured
- Free estimates on replacement quotes
- Upfront & fair pricing
- Background checked technicians
- Financing options
- Military, veteran & senior discounts
- Responsiveness & respect for the customer's time
- Expertise in our field