How to Improve Your Home Ventilation
Whether it’s winter or summer, having proper ventilation in your home is important to make sure you are as comfortable as possible. In the winter your house may become overly stuffy when you keep all of the windows and doors shut to keep the heat in. Of course in the summer you’ll want to ventilate your home to keep the heat and humidity away. Having good ventilation will also improve the quality of air you breathe by removing pollutants like smoke and carbon dioxide as well as clearing up any bad odors.
How to improve your home ventilation:
- If it’s warm out, open some windows, especially in your bathroom and kitchen when cooking or showering.
- Close the door of the room you’re in to maximize and restrict the flow of cool air to that one space.
- Turn on ceiling fans and desk fans
- To clear out stale air in the winter, turn off your central heating and open your windows for a short time to allow some fresh air back in.
- If you have an exhaust fan in your kitchen make sure to turn it on when you are cooking on the stove.
- Turn on the exhaust fan in the bathroom while taking a warm shower
- Turn on your attic fan and open the windows to remove stagnant air from the attic and circulate fresh air from outside back into your home.
If you need to know more about attic fans, exhaust fans, or improving home ventilation call FLAME Heating and Cooling at (888) 234-2340. We can also provide expert opinions on air conditioning and help you with air conditioner repairs and installation to help you improve the ventilation in your home even more.
same day guarantee
Same Day Guarantee
Why Choose Flame Heating, Cooling, Plumbing & Electrical?
Expect Trustworthy Service & Excellent Craftsmanship
- Same-day services
- Licensed & insured
- Free estimates on replacement quotes
- Upfront & fair pricing
- Background checked technicians
- Financing options
- Military, veteran & senior discounts
- Responsiveness & respect for the customer's time
- Expertise in our field