Electrical Safety Month Coming Up in May
You may have heard about a few of the big month designations: Women’s History Month, Black History Month etc… but you may not have realized that this spring we are celebrating another important month.
In just a few short days, we will be in the month of May, which is also Electrical Safety Month. Electrical Safety Month was initially established by the Electrical Safety Foundation International (EFSI), a non-profit that aims to promote electrical safety.
Electrical Safety Month 2019
This year (2019) the focus of Electrical Safety Month is on safety and being prepared during natural disasters. EFSI has released a huge amount of resources to educate people on staying safe during natural disasters. Some of their resources include:
Downed Power Line Safety-Always Assume Downed Lines are Live
Commercial Electrical Safety During Disasters
Hurricane Safety-Eyeing the Storm
The content includes articles, infographics, and videos. Take a look, be informed, and share your knowledge with others so we can all stay safe.
Spring Safety Tips from EFSI
Not only is May Electrical Safety month, it is also a time when people are inspired to pick back up projects that may have been sitting in the garage since September. It’s a time when people are heading outside to work on their homes, and it’s a time when accidents happen. So here are a few quick tips from EFSI to keep in mind as you work on household projects this spring:
- “Ladders—even those made of wood—that come into contact with a power line can prove fatal. Keep all ladders at least 10 feet away from overhead power lines.
- Unplug outdoor tools and appliances when not in use.
- Inspect power tools and appliances for frayed cords, broken plugs and cracked or broken housing. Repair or replace damaged items.
- Water and electricity do not mix. Avoid damp conditions — including wet grass — when using electricity.”
Looking for more information about our residential electrical services? Contact FLAME Heating, Cooling, Plumbing, and Electrical!
same day guarantee
Same Day Guarantee
Why Choose Flame Heating, Cooling, Plumbing & Electrical?
Expect Trustworthy Service & Excellent Craftsmanship
- 24/7 emergency service
- Same-day services
- Licensed & insured
- Free estimates on replacement quotes
- Upfront & fair pricing
- Background checked technicians
- Financing options
- Military, veteran & senior discounts
- Responsiveness & respect for the customer's time
- Expertise in our field