Energy.gov’s Quick Advice on Maintaining the A/C
Air conditioners are important and valuable parts to the home. Taking good care of yours is vital to making sure that it continues to run properly and efficiently for a long time. In order to help you out, The U.S. Department of Energy has created an infographic with helpful information on how to maintain your air conditioner. You can see the full thing, here. Below you will find listed some of the important facts:
- Routinely replace or clean your air filters–it can lower your air conditioner’s energy consumption by 5-15 percent.
- If your coil fins are bent, use a “fin comb” to straighten them.
- Occasionally pass a stiff wire through your unit’s drain channels to prevent clogs.
- Hire a certified professional when your unit needs more than basic maintenance. (Energy.gov)
same day guarantee
Same Day Guarantee
Why Choose Flame Heating, Cooling, Plumbing & Electrical?
Expect Trustworthy Service & Excellent Craftsmanship
- Same-day services
- Licensed & insured
- Free estimates on replacement quotes
- Upfront & fair pricing
- Background checked technicians
- Financing options
- Military, veteran & senior discounts
- Responsiveness & respect for the customer's time
- Expertise in our field