Heating Alternatives to a Furnace
Let’s face it, some of us are just heating and cooling ignoramuses. This is not a bad thing. Some people are just more knowledgeable in other areas. Anyways, if you are like I once was, you probably do not know much about the process that goes into heating your home, which means you are also likely unaware of alternatives to regular furnaces. Well, here are some to think about and their pros and cons:
- Boiler: Boilers use water that is heated to warm your home. Typically they do not dry out your home as much as a standard furnace. Boilers use aluminum fins and copper pipes to heat your home, but they do not take up as much room as the ductwork needed for a furnace. Last but not least, it is considered more economical than a forced air furnace and does not bring as many allergens.
- Radiant Heat: In general terms, radiant heat is the heat under your floors or walls that heats your home. In this way, especially if the heat comes from the floor-the, the heat is transferred to the person instead of to the air. Radiant heat is excellent for additions, so you do not have to worry about extending ductwork from your furnace. Radiant heat can also be used in driveways and sidewalks (so you do not have to shovel).
- Geothermal Heating: Geothermal systems are initially more expensive than regular furnaces. However, they are incredibly energy-efficient, so you earn back the money you spend. These systems use the hot or cool temperatures from the ground to heat or cool your home. Geothermal Systems are one of the “Greenest” ways you can go when heating your home!
Hopefully, these short descriptions helped you to learn a little more about the technology and items that can be used to keep you toasty during the Winter! Contact FLAME for any questions!
same day guarantee
Same Day Guarantee
Why Choose Flame Heating, Cooling, Plumbing & Electrical?
Expect Trustworthy Service & Excellent Craftsmanship
- Same-day services
- Licensed & insured
- Free estimates on replacement quotes
- Upfront & fair pricing
- Background checked technicians
- Financing options
- Military, veteran & senior discounts
- Responsiveness & respect for the customer's time
- Expertise in our field