What You Need to Know About Thermostats
For the most part, when it comes to our heating and cooling, we do not deal too much with the actual furnace or air conditioner. However, the thermostat is one element of our heating and cooling system that we deal with regularly. Therefore, since the thermostat is the most relevant to many people, it is essential to know a little bit more about it. Here are a few tips from ENERGY STAR® to help you out:
- Shut off the electricity before installing a thermostat
- Do not place the thermostat near doors, bright lights, windows, skylights, heating/cooling vents, or any other source of heat
- The thermostat should be installed on an interior wall
- If the job is more extensive than originally thought, it is always a good idea to contact an HVAC contractor to help you out, especially if it is more than simply replacing a thermostat.
Programmable thermostats are designed to save energy and money by automatically changing the temperature in your home. For example, the programmable thermostat can be set to your specifications, so if most people are gone during the day, the heat or air conditioning will automatically turn down. It can automatically turn back up in the evening when they return.
If you do not have a programmable thermostat and are not in a position to replace it, you can still participate in the savings. ENERGY STAR® recommends adjusting the thermostat when you leave for the day and going to sleep at night. Changing the temperature to just 5-8 degrees (up in the summer and down in the winter) can increase your savings.
For more information, contact FLAME!
same day guarantee
Same Day Guarantee
Why Choose Flame Heating, Cooling, Plumbing & Electrical?
Expect Trustworthy Service & Excellent Craftsmanship
- 24/7 emergency service
- Same-day services
- Licensed & insured
- Free estimates on replacement quotes
- Upfront & fair pricing
- Background checked technicians
- Financing options
- Military, veteran & senior discounts
- Responsiveness & respect for the customer's time
- Expertise in our field