Hot Water Heater Not Working?
Sometimes a cold shower is just what you want. However, most of the time, that is exactly what you do not wish to do. Here are some possible reasons why your water heater isn’t hot enough or is not working.
- The pilot light is the first thing you want to check with a gas water heater. If that is out, you will not receive any hot water in your home. This is a reasonably easy problem to fix. Simply re-light it! If you are unsure how to do this, find the manufacturer’s instructions. They should be able to explain how to.
- Another problem with not having enough hot water in your home is that your heater may not be the correct size for your home. Your home should use about 75% of the water heater’s water. Unfortunately, this problem is not as easy to solve. You could call a place like FLAME Furnace and have a new water heater adequately sized for your home.
- Also, though a lower temperature on your water heater saves money and energy, it could be too low. If the temperature is too low, the hot water in your home will not heat up as much as you want. Try turning up the temperature just a little bit.
- The dip tube brings the cold water to the bottom of the tank so it can be heated. If the dip tube is broken, hot and cold water can be mixed, which makes your already heated water not as hard. You can try replacing the dip tube or getting a new water heater to fix this problem.
The next time your shower is not as warm as you want it to be, you may want to look into these possible sources of the problem!
same day guarantee
Same Day Guarantee
Why Choose Flame Heating, Cooling, Plumbing & Electrical?
Expect Trustworthy Service & Excellent Craftsmanship
- Same-day services
- Licensed & insured
- Free estimates on replacement quotes
- Upfront & fair pricing
- Background checked technicians
- Financing options
- Military, veteran & senior discounts
- Responsiveness & respect for the customer's time
- Expertise in our field