Oh no! The Heat Isn't Working!
Having your heat go out in the winter can be pretty scary. Depending on whether or not you have a maintenance plan, such as a Gold Plan, with an HVAC company, it can be expensive to have a technician come out to look at your furnace when the heat does not work. Therefore, here are a few things to check out on your own first:
- Make sure that the furnace is set to “heat.” If it is not, set it to heat and then wait to see if your home warms up.
- Check your electrical panel for a blown fuse or a tripped breaker. If one of these is the problem, you can reset the circuit breaker or replace the fuse.
- Check the pilot light to see if it has gone out or the gas valve is not shut off. If the pilot light is out, re-light it and see if that works.
- Check to see if your thermostat is the problem. Play around with it and try it at different temperatures.
If you have tried all of these options and nothing is working, or if you have any questions, please call a company such as FLAME. They can help you with your heat, and they can also fix any electrical problems that you may have. Also, at FLAME, Gold Plan members receive free diagnostic calls and priority service on emergencies to best help you in such situations.
same day guarantee
Same Day Guarantee
Why Choose Flame Heating, Cooling, Plumbing & Electrical?
Expect Trustworthy Service & Excellent Craftsmanship
- 24/7 emergency service
- Same-day services
- Licensed & insured
- Free estimates on replacement quotes
- Upfront & fair pricing
- Background checked technicians
- Financing options
- Military, veteran & senior discounts
- Responsiveness & respect for the customer's time
- Expertise in our field