Saving Money During the Christmas Season
Sometimes it seems as if all we do during the Holiday season is SPEND, and we forget the real reason for the season. Unfortunately, since some of the spending is inevitable, here are some money-saving energy-efficient Holiday tips from the California Energy Commission, “Winter Holiday Time Energy-Saving Tips”:
- Don’t open the oven door to check on things while cooking. You can lose valuable heat that way (25 degrees!) and energy. Try turning on the oven light instead and looking in.
- Cook more than one thing simultaneously in the oven to conserve heat and the time your oven is on.
- Remember to keep your fridge and freezer door closed, BUT it is more efficient to leave the fridge door open while taking out a bunch of stuff than to keep opening and closing it.
- While cleaning dishes, ensure your dishwasher is full before you run it.
- Before putting dishes in the dishwasher, rinse them in cold water so you don’t waste energy by heating the water.
- Use LED lights, which are much more efficient than typical Christmas lights for your exterior and interior decorations.
- Try using an automatic timer for your lights both outside and inside. That way, you will not forget to turn them off and leave them on all night and all day.
The article contains more detailed information, so check it out if interested! Contact FLAME if you have any questions about electrical things!
same day guarantee
Same Day Guarantee
Why Choose Flame Heating, Cooling, Plumbing & Electrical?
Expect Trustworthy Service & Excellent Craftsmanship
- Same-day services
- Licensed & insured
- Free estimates on replacement quotes
- Upfront & fair pricing
- Background checked technicians
- Financing options
- Military, veteran & senior discounts
- Responsiveness & respect for the customer's time
- Expertise in our field