Some Practical, Interesting, and Green Ways to Stay Warm
These past couple of weeks have been just down right bitter cold! It seems like just walking outside has been an almost unbearable task. Here are some ways to keep warm, as we highly anticipate for Springs arrival:
- On the rare sunny days, open your curtains and blinds to let the sun shine through, because it will warm up your home.
- Wear socks or slippers around your home
- Use a lot of blankets, and always bundle up
- Drink hot chocolate, hot tea, or hot coffee…
- Eat hot soup or chili
- Put rugs on bare floors, because they can help to keep your feet warm, especially if those floors are above a chilly basement.
- Weather stripping and insulation can help to keep warm air in, cold air out, and your heating bills down.
- A programmable thermostat also helps to keep your house warm when you need it, but it turns down the heat when you do not (for example, when everyone is at work or school during the day) and therefore it saves you money.
- Light a fire, and when you are done, close the chimney flue so that your warm air does not escape.
- Use a humidifier, or have a built in one installed by your duct work. Humid air feels warmer than dry air.
- Exercise: Breaking a sweat and working out is not only good for you, but it will increase your body temperature
- Get your bed ready for winter with flannel sheets and a down comforter!
- A high efficiency furnace can help heat your home while wasting less energy than other furnaces.
- Wear a coat, mittens/gloves, scarf, hat, boots
- Think Warm! Read books or watch movies set in places like Florida or the Caribbean or plan a spring vacation to someplace warm, even if you do not intend to actually go on a vacation.
Hopefully these tips will be able to help you and keep your spirits high, until it gets warmer around Spring time.
same day guarantee
Same Day Guarantee
Why Choose Flame Heating, Cooling, Plumbing & Electrical?
Expect Trustworthy Service & Excellent Craftsmanship
- 24/7 emergency service
- Same-day services
- Licensed & insured
- Free estimates on replacement quotes
- Upfront & fair pricing
- Background checked technicians
- Financing options
- Military, veteran & senior discounts
- Responsiveness & respect for the customer's time
- Expertise in our field