Stay Safe with a Flooded Basement
If you have ever experienced a basement flood, you know how awful it can be. Basement flooding can be a huge and expensive mess to clean up, and can seem very overwhelming. On top of that, a flooded basement can be a source of serious dangers. Therefore, this post will look at three ways to approach your flooded basement safely.
- The first thing you want to make sure is that you turn off your power before even going in to a flooded basement. You can do this by switching off the main power breaker.
- Next, after pumping and mopping up all the water, it is important to thoroughly wash and sanitize all objects in the flooded basement. Some things, such as carpet, are better off being simply thrown away.
- Lastly, when it comes to appliances with pilot lights such as furnaces, water heaters, and clothes dryers, they should NOT be re-lit without a qualified HVAC contractor looking over them.
Though flooded basements are messy ordeals, they can be overcome. The most important thing to remember is to stay safe! Questions? Or want to learn more about FLAME’s residential plumbing services? Contact FLAME.
Some information above was found at “Water In The Basement: Causes and Solutions for Flooded Basements”and “After The Flood: Clean Up, Precautions To Take.”
same day guarantee
Same Day Guarantee
Why Choose Flame Heating, Cooling, Plumbing & Electrical?
Expect Trustworthy Service & Excellent Craftsmanship
- Same-day services
- Licensed & insured
- Free estimates on replacement quotes
- Upfront & fair pricing
- Background checked technicians
- Financing options
- Military, veteran & senior discounts
- Responsiveness & respect for the customer's time
- Expertise in our field