Summer Air Conditioner Check List
- Bathing Suit
- Tennis Shoes
- Ice cream truck money
Are you ready for summer? I definitely am, these chilly days in April are really getting to me. I find myself dreaming of summer and sitting outside in the sun reading a good book or going on a walk by the lake with my dog. I am also thinking of other things, namely how to get my air conditioner and cooling system prepared to keep me comfortable this summer. Here are some steps to take before turning on your air conditioner this summer:
- Clean your furnace’s air filter, and get all that gunk and dust out of there.
- Turn the damper on your furnace to “summer.”
- If you have a humidistat, change it from 35% back to 0% (summer means no more dry air cracking your skin).
- Keep an eye out on the weather, because you should turn the disconnect for your air conditioner back on 24 hours before you turn the air conditioner on for the first time.
- Wash the condenser unit (the part of the air conditioner that is located outside your home). Get rid of all the fall and winter debris. To do this, use a hose set to a “fine spray” and rinse from the top down.
- Summer is here…turn on your air conditioner and enjoy!
I would also recommend an air conditioner inspection to make sure that it is in tip-top shape. If you have any questions, please contact FLAME!
same day guarantee
Same Day Guarantee
Why Choose Flame Heating, Cooling, Plumbing & Electrical?
Expect Trustworthy Service & Excellent Craftsmanship
- 24/7 emergency service
- Same-day services
- Licensed & insured
- Free estimates on replacement quotes
- Upfront & fair pricing
- Background checked technicians
- Financing options
- Military, veteran & senior discounts
- Responsiveness & respect for the customer's time
- Expertise in our field