Flame Heating, Cooling, Plumbing, and Electrical has been a Michigan based company for over 70 years, and we are pretty proud of it. We have always known that Michigan is a unique place to live. From its miles of beautiful coastline to its rich industrial history, we definitely think Michigan is a great place to be.
As Michiganders ourselves, we also know that there are some things in our state that might make others cock their heads and look at us a little quizzically. For example, have you ever used your hand to explain exactly where you live to someone from outside of Michigan? Exactly.
I recently found this online article: 33 Things People From Michigan Have To Explain to Out-of-Towners by Spencer McKee. Some of my favorite observations were:
4. Superman Ice Cream Won’t Give You Special Powers, But It Is Super Delicious
9. If You Want A Carbonated Beverage In Michigan, You Order A “Pop”
10. Detroit Pride Is Still Alive And Well
18. To Michiganders, Vernors Ale Can Cure Almost Anything
19. To Michiganders the “Door Wall” Is The Sliding Door
24. Half A Michigander’s Change Is Usually Canadian
In fact, it was not even until I read through McKee’s work that I learned that the term “door wall,” is specific to our mitten state!
Hopefully you enjoyed reading through this as much as I did. Is there anything you could add to the list?
All of us at Flame look forward to continuing to serve our customers. Flame offers its services in Oakland, Macomb, Wayne, Washtenaw, and St. Clair counties. We may pack a pop with our lunch and have Canadian change in our pockets, but we love knowing that you might too!