Get Your Air Conditioner Ready!
April showers brings May flowers, right? Well this year it seems as if April snow storms are more common than showers. However, Mother Nature can’t hold back Spring for long. Soon it will be here and therefore it is time to start thinking about how to get your air conditioner ready for summer! Here is a quick checklist of things that should be done:
- Inspection: Having your air conditioner inspected is probably one of the most important things that needs to be done. A certified technician will be able to find problems before they even start and make sure that your unit is running well.
- Make sure your outdoor unit is clean: You probably haven’t been near your air conditioner since last fall, and that means that leaves and other debris may have fallen on or into it. Clean it out if there is any debris, and also make sure there are no obstructions (trees, shrubs etc…) within 1 foot of the unit.
- Check outside and inside fuses/breakers to make sure that they are working properly.
- Clean your air filters once a month (or change disposables once every 3 months).
- Buy a New One: This is simply something to keep in mind if your unit is 10 years or older. There are much more energy efficient units out there, that could help in the future to keep your costs down!
This will not be the last blog about air conditioner care, but it is something to get you started with thinking about your air conditioner so you do not forget until that first really hot day of Summer. Also, hopefully thinking about Summer will cheer you up on this snowy April day.