How Flame Can Help Your Allergies!
Spring is in the air…kind of. Some days it feels like Spring and other days it feels like the middle of Winter again. However, Spring is here even if it does not always seem like it. With Spring comes picnics, the end of school, and allergies. Many peoples’ allergies increase in the Fall and Spring and Flame wants to do its part to help you out!
- Consider having your ducts cleaned by a trained professional. Look out for NADCA certified ones (National Air Duct Cleaning Association), because they will be well qualified to do the job! Having your ducts cleaned can take out all the dirt and mold that has been sitting up there and the mold that is blown throughout your home.
- Have a UV Germicidal Light installed! These are installed within your HVAC system and they can catch/kill what your regular filter does not. It can greatly reduce the amount of allergens in your home.
- Make sure you have an air filter in your HVAC system, HEPA or high efficiency particulate air filters are the best. Filters also need to cleaned or changed regularly.
- Air conditioning also helps to reduce allergens by making it less necessary for you to open your window to let in cooler air which in turn lets in less pollen. Also, air conditioning reduces humidity and therefore reduces dust mites!
- Vacuum regularly-once to twice weekly. Use a vacuum with a HEPA filter because it will trap more allergens.
- If you are allergic to dust mites-put plastic or zippered allergen impermeable covers on all mattresses, pillows and box springs!
For some of these tips, such as the mattress covers you may want to ask your doctor, but for things such as air conditioning and duct cleaning-Flame will be happy to answer any of your questions with helpful and useful knowledge.