Why You Should Start Drinking Hot Water Now
We all know that we are supposed to drink water. And, if you have ever been really, really thirsty, you can definitely attest to how great water is. That said, there are actually some benefits that you can get from not just drinking water, but drinking hot water.
What constitutes as hot water?
The Journal of Food Science proposes that the ideal temperature for hot beverages is between 130 and 160 degrees Fahrenheit. Any higher can cause scalds or burns. Other experts, feel that beverages should remain below 140 degrees Fahrenheit.
It is important to note that these temperatures are higher than recommended water heater temperatures, so your hot water may need to come from a tea kettle or be warmed in some other way.
The Many Benefits of Drinking Hot Water
The internet is full of reasons why you should be drinking hot water. Here are a few of our favorites:
1. Helps with nasal congestion (Healthline). We are moving into the season of fall allergies as well as colds and flu. Therefore, we can all use a little extra help keeping the stuff out of our noses!
3. Good for blood circulation (MDLinx). Dr. Naveed Salah explains, “More efficient blood flow can have benefits ranging from improved blood pressure to decreased risk of heart disease.”
4. Improves your mood (MDLinx). A cup of warm water to cheer me up? Sounds good!
5. Helps with losing weight (Reader’s Digest). A morning mug of hot water can kickstart your metabolism for the day.
Convinced yet? Though Healthline makes sure to point out that many of the benefits are based on anecdotal evidence, one thing we do know is that drinking hot water (at a safe temperature) definitely can’t hurt!
If you are looking to learn more about improving your own home’s hot water system, contact us FLAME, Heating, Cooling, Plumbing, and Electrical.
same day guarantee
Same Day Guarantee
Why Choose Flame Heating, Cooling, Plumbing & Electrical?
Expect Trustworthy Service & Excellent Craftsmanship
- 24/7 emergency service
- Same-day services
- Licensed & insured
- Free estimates on replacement quotes
- Upfront & fair pricing
- Background checked technicians
- Financing options
- Military, veteran & senior discounts
- Responsiveness & respect for the customer's time
- Expertise in our field